A key responsibility of an experienced leader is to contribute to the professional growth of others. Droste’s Coaching for Leaders program readies leaders to demonstrate the skills, ideas, and best practices needed to serve their colleagues in a coaching role. The concepts of mindset, trust, and presence are examined in the context of the Droste Coaching Process, as participants have the opportunity to practice key communication techniques and engage in self-reflection. Proven techniques for coaching challenging people are also discussed.
- Define coaching and its role in a professional environment
- Compare and contrast coaching and mentoring
- Discuss the coaching mindset
- Explore active listening and powerful questioning as key coaching skills
- Enable reflection and identification of coaching skills to be developed
- Targeted skill-building enables and reinforces the development of critical coaching competencies
- Approach supports participants’ ability to both model and coach critical leadership skills