Every leader faces the challenge of achieving results through others. The ability to effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities is a key part of meeting that challenge. In this course, participants will examine their current attitudes toward and approaches to delegation. They will learn a process for delegating tasks and responsibilities that sets up employees for success, and they will practice utilizing that process in a real-work situation. They will also explore the dynamics of accountability and learn the behaviors and practices that set the foundation for a culture of accountability on a team or in an organization.
- Discuss the importance of delegation to the success of individuals, leaders, and teams
- Explore five stages of delegation and the steps that support successful delegation
- Review best practices that support success in delegation
- Create action plans to improve delegation-related skills and practices
- Breaks down the delegation process into five distinct steps to follow in order to support success
- Emphasizes the benefits of effective delegation for both individuals and the organization
- Encourages efficient use of resources, employee development, and accountability