The ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities to employees and hold them accountable for results is central to any leadership role. In both the classroom-based and virtual versions of this program, participants will examine practical, thoughtful approaches that promote effectiveness in both of these elements of managing performance. Self-assessments, individual reflection, group discussion, and scenario work are used to engage learners and build skills.
- Discuss the importance of delegation and accountability to the performance of a team
- Explore five stages of delegation and the steps that support successful delegation
- Explore the accountability/victim dynamic
- Discuss accountability from the perspective of a leader and an employee
- Review best practices that support success in delegation and creating a culture of accountability on a team
- Create action plans to improve your skills and practices related to delegation and accountability
- Emphasizes the benefits of effective delegation and the expectation of accountability for individuals and the organization