Leading Virtual Teams
Leading Virtual Teams addresses the challenges and opportunities presented to leaders when direct reports and other colleagues are spread across work locations. Learners will learn to leverage the dynamics and characteristics of high-performing teams in the context of remote-worker situations. The course considers a range of factors, including culture, company policies, and leadership styles and preferences. It incorporates situational and scenario-based learning activities that allow learners to apply best practices. Learners will leave the course with an action plan they can apply immediately to improve their effectiveness by optimizing team relationships and the productivity of all workers, whether they are in the next cube, the next county, or the next time zone.
- Discuss the challenges of managing remote team members including team and organization-specific challenges
- Explore the dynamics of high-performing teams in the context of remote-worker situations
- Explore best practices specific to addressing the challenges of leading remote teams
- Develop an action plan for implementing best practices that will optimize team relationships and productivity
- Increased self-awareness of leader attitudes and biases that may compromise effectiveness
- Improved team communication, trust, and engagement
- Increased ownership and accountability among leaders for optimizing team effectiveness
Supported Competency Focus Area(s)
In-person: Full day
Virtual: 4 hours (two 2-hour modules)
Self-assessment (in participant guide)
Ready to bring this program to your organization?
Everything DiSC Agile EQ