Mindfulness: Reducing Stress and Increase Focus
It seems that there is a lot coming at us all the time-and it’s stressful. Mindfulness is the ability to be present and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what is going on in our lives. Join us for this course as we learn what mindfulness is, and how, in short pauses in lives, we can gain a sense of control, reduce our stress, and create focus. Anyone can do this. Mindfulness simply brings awareness and purpose into everything we do. This course will also focus on resiliency and help create an environment that can be helpful to those around you.
- Identify mindfulness and relevant practices to reduce stress and increase focus
- Explore what mindfulness is and the impact to you and those around you
- Create a personalized plan that extends well beyond this class/li>
- By regularly committing to simple mindfulness exercises many studies indicate a reduction in stress
- Being intentional or mindful creates an improvement to working memory.
- Increased ability to focus and suppress distracting information.
- Be recognized as a person who has the ability to focus and maintain their visible stress level, which are traits people look to steadfast leadership
Supported Competency Focus Area(s)
Virtual: 4 hours (two 2-hour modules)