Although the range of competencies that define an effective leader is broad and varied, at the core is emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence is the ability to recognize and manage your feelings and respond to the feelings and behaviors of others. This course explores how the elements of emotional intelligence—self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management—are demonstrated in the workplace and how those competencies can be practiced and developed to increase a leader’s effectiveness.
- Explore the behavior of effective and ineffective managers and leaders
- Understand the role of emotional intelligence in effective leadership
- Explore strategies for managing your emotions and those of others
- Practice and plan for improving your emotional intelligence
- Presents emotional intelligence as a fundamental element of demonstrating the traits of an admired leader
- Allows opportunities to practice and plan for developing specific elements of emotional intelligence